Student Social Support Scheme
Student social support scheme offers different types of scholarships and grants in accordance with effective Legislation and Internal Regulation of the Technical University in Zvolen. The students may be awarded the scholarships from the state budget or the university budget. The maintenance scholarships and excellence scholarships are provided from the state budget. The excellence scholarship at the Technical University is provided as career specific scholarship, merit scholarship or extra scholarship. The extra scholarship is provided from the university funds.
The maintenance grants are regulated by § 96 of Act no. 131/2002 Coll. (and the relevant amendments), by the regulation of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic no. 102/2006 Coll. on awarding the maintenance grant to university students, by the regulations of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic no. 227/2012, no. 235/2013, no. 157/2014, which amend the regulation of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic no 102/2066 Coll. on awarding the maintenance grant to university students.
The University Law regulates the conditions which need to be fulfilled by the students in order to be awarded the scholarship. The conditions are following:
- permanent residence in Slovakia even though citizenship is not decisive,
- first study at university at the particular level and other.
Maintenance scholarships in accordance with Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport Act no. 235/213 A 157/2014 Coll.:
- 235/2013 Coll. on changes in awarding the maintenance grant to university students
- 157/2014 Coll. on changes in awarding the maintenance grant to university students
- The students can be awarded the excellence scholarship while studying Bachelor or Master study programmes. The students are awarded on the base of their study results of courses they are enrolled for.
- All students of the Technical University in Zvolen can apply for the extra scholarship if they achieve excellent study results according to their studies (the Rector′s or the Dean′s prize), in technical, scientific, research or sport activities, or they successfully represented the University or Faculty at national or international events.