Annual meeting of IAWS
Wood the Best Material for Mankind
together withInteraction of Wood with Various Forms of Energy
September 26–28, 2012,
The International Academy of Wood Science
The Technical University in Zvolen (Dept. of Wood Science, Faculty of Wood Sciences and Technology)
The IAWS 2012 annual meeting will take place at the Technical University in Zvolen (TUZVO - Slovak republic) together with the conference Interaction of Wood with Various Forms of Energy. TUZVO celebrates in 2012 the 60th anniversary of its foundation. It derives its origin from the Mining Academy in Banská Štiavnica founded in 1762. TUZVO closely cooperates with a lot of universities all over the world. The conference Interaction of Wood with Various Forms of Energy is organized each four years and the coming event will be the 5th.
Aim of the conference
The conference is aimed at better understanding of wood in the sense of the slogan: “We can use wood with intelligence only if we understand wood”. The conference will present new research in the area of interaction of wood with various forms of energy.
Dr. Katia RUEL: Understanding Wood at the nanoscale - Zooming through wood cell wall ultrastructural organization
The Symposium will be divided into seven sessions according to following topics:
1. Interactions in the system wood – water – heat
2. Wood’s response to mechanical loading
3. Interactions on the wood surface
4. Interactions between wood and various forms of radiation
5. Wood quality parameters determining its final use
6. Ecological and environmental properties of wood
7. Properties of wood based materials
Date Mornings Afternoons Evenings
25.IX Welcome party
26. IX Symposium sessions Symposium sessions Dinner
27. IX Symposium sessions Symposium sessions/Conference trip Social evening
28. IX Symposium sessions Farewell Lunch
The official symposium language will be English. No translation will be provided.
Today is Saturday, 23. July 2016.